Research and Contract Compliance
Balancing Security and Openness in Research, Education and Public Service
GO&S can assist with providing training and support to faculty, staff, and students in regulatory requirements to ensure the protection of information in their possession while performing work on contracts, programs, bids, or research and development efforts.
GO&S can assist with risk, export, and security reviews of the following transactions:
- InternationaI agreements, including research agreements
- International travel (students, faculty and staff)
- International students (visa applications, federal requirements, etc.)
- International visitors (affiliates, visiting researchers or scholars, etc.)
- International purchasing and shipping (customs regulations, international taxes, etc.)
- Research grants/contracts with security and export related requirements
Contact the GO&S staff to assist in evaluating export controls and information security needs, and establishing necessary measures to comply with contractual and governmental regulatory requirements.
If you need assistance on export compliance related topics, KU faculty, staff, and students can also receive assistance by sending a message to email@example.com, by calling one of the staff members, or submitting the webform at this link International Agreements Export and Security Analysis.